music


Saturday, January 10, 2009

CHILDHOOD DOESN'T LAST FOREVER!



Children are great and have ways of making us see things in a different light.They are so innocent and have simple solutions. I often tell Kathy-"hey you better put that in a book so you don't forget."
When Bryan and I were houesparents we learned that children are smart and are taken for granted daily. They had all the answers to the world's biggest problems. At times we thought, we have got to write some of this stuff down.
For example- the other day with Kathy-we were discussing why she cannot ride the bus. I simply said "The bus isn't that great I rode the bus my entire school life except the years I was in Stephenville. There are kids on there that are gross and the bus driver will not watch you. Don't you like mom picking you up and asking you how you are and how was your day?" She takes a breath and answers me with "Well did you ever think that Hico Bus Systems are better than where ever you were when you rode the bus?"
YEP- I took a breath and paused and said "The answer is no. Next subject."
I was stunned.
My life is just now getting to normal. I am almost done with my associates in bussiness. I am losing weight finally. I am able to have friends and go do things. I finally have another job. No way could I do diapers right now or midnight feedings Everynight. We bought a house and are actually able to remodel it. We are enjoying the kids. I have always had an issue-yes the house needs to be cleaned-laundry needs to be done. That will be there during nap time, or bed time or before they wake. BUT they will not always want me to play with, or cuddle with, or to help wash their back. They do not last forever and I will not allow anything like dishes take away from doing a fashion show with barbies or making a cool Thomas the train track or watching the same snail for 30 minutes and listen to their voices and questions that come to their minds.
My man comes first-he will always be taken care of-he is fed, has clean clothes, clean bed, and does not want for anything-as long as he has snuff.
Then my children-I cannot allow myself at the end of the day to think-"I didn't do anything with them today."
I cannot get today back-that is one day that is gone from their childhood forever.

No comments: