music


Monday, February 23, 2009

Dead fish- new fish

The kids have had these 2 beta fish for almost a year. Shawn loves the fish.
He talks to them, and they even let you pet them. So you can imagine the shock when I woke up one morning a while back and found it dead. So I swore Kat to secret and ran to the fish store and replaced it with another one that looked just like his, and replaced it before he ever noticed.
Kat has done well keeping it a secret but that was almost all lost this past Wednesday night.
I found it dead and we were all home. So I called Bryan back to the guest room to tell Bryan and see what he wanted me to do since the fish store was 20 minutes away and was closing in like 10 minutes. Bryan said we have to tell him because he tells it good night.
So we called him to the room that we were in and Bryan said "Hey buddy you know blue-your fish-and Shawn said "Yea he is a good fish." And Bryan said "I know buddy but he is dead." Shawn's face was priceless-he was all happy and ready to go to church, and the next he is on the floor pouting and crying. It was horrible. Then Bryan went to clean out the bowl and Shawn would not let him because he said that was Blue's home. So we waited until Shawn was asleep to clean it.
The next morning Shawn forgot and went to look in the bowl and remembered Blue was dead. I told him that we would go on Friday and get a new fish. That fixed everything.
Yes he still talks about Blue, and when we went to get the new fish he would not go look at the blue fish and said he wanted a yellow one this time because it wont die.
We are so in trouble if this one dies soon. Lol I am praying that this fish lives long. Shawn has not named this one yet-hopefully we will be more creative than naming it after the color of the fish.

hollar later,
Amber

1 comment:

Mike and Cymbre said...

aw, the wonders of dead fish...I remember flushing a few in my childhood...lol

I'm with him on the naming...I was never a good pet namer! We just adopted two cats and I'm glad they came with names!!