music


Monday, August 10, 2009

More thinking on preschool.

I have read all of my comments on my facebook and realize that many are for preschool. But a few aren't: To each it's own.

I do not think that it is going to hurt him spirituality or hold him back from becoming a Christian.
My daughter did go to preschool when she was 3 and 4. She loved it and was happy about it. It was an amazing experience for her. The difference here is first Kathy went through a church. Second difference is special people that I knew very well were her teachers.
But I know the teacher Shawn will be having and have had conversations with her and I am impressed. I am comforted by things she has said.
No matter the age of a child unfortunately our world is changing daily and why be fake about it. Sooner or later the child will have to enter the world. The child's parents are responsible for guiding him and keeping him safe in the world and making sure that everything around him is safe for him. I know most of the people who will be in his class and their parents. I am impressed but as always there will be people no matter what you will not agree with everything.
But I do not think that me sending him to preschool is giong to ruin and damage his whole demeanor.
I also think that where matters-there are schools where the preschool program is awful and the teacher and environment would be horrible and damaging on the child. But I do not feel that with this school. I have been in the school as a substitue teacher, a parent. The experiences there have been nice and have standards of their children and keep the school under control. It really is a school where the kids are still good.
Last point-yes it is only for a few hours a day in the afternoon. If he were home he would be taking a nap from 1pm-2:30 everyday. Then going to get his sister and then coming here.
So I think this time could be spent better else where. Yes at this point in time I do stay at home with him but if he did do this I would get a job-right now even an extra 150.00 a week would help big time.
I could continue substitue teaching, or I could just work on the house and have it all done when everyone gets home that afternoon and spend time with them instead of trying to get things done after school.
I just dont think it would harm him-it didnt Kathy-she is amazing in many subjects but I do think that if we didn't start her early due to the situations and troubles she has had in the past years that she wouldnt be where she is now.
I never think that it is harming a child when putting them in a position that can only better them in the long run.

The more I think about it the more I am considering preschool. Who knows?
Hollar later Amber

No comments: