music


Sunday, August 9, 2009

TO PRESCHOOL OR NOT TO PRESCHOOL-HELLLPPP

Hello everyone!

Life here is flying by and I cannot believe summer- my favorite part of the year-is almost over.
This summer has been litterally one of the worst hands down.
Bryan losing his job, me not finding one, the kids not going anywhere, and it seems every where I go there is something else falling apart. I know that it will get better-I just want to know when and pray and continue to pray that it gets better soon.
OK SO several people have asked over the past months if Shawn will go to preschool this coming fall.
It is getting down to the wire and I am so confused and not sure what to do. First let me say that I have been in the preschool classroom in Hico and I love em. I think the people are nice and they truly teach kids and this is not just free babysitting. These kids are learning and enjoy it.
Now I have several close people that I love who are telling me two different things.
Some say "do not do preschool. It is horrible. You will regret it. You are giving your baby away.
He is to little. He needs his mom still."
Then I also get- "Hey he is going to love it. He is going to learn so much. He needs to start meeting people and learning to be social. He will miss it if he does not get to do it."
The differences in opinion go on. But school is two weeks away almost and I have to decide.

So first let me tell you Shawn is asking me "momma do I get to go to school yet?" He has had his backpack picked out and saved for almost 2 years. He talks about it all the time. Second I should say that it will only be 3 or 4 hours a day.
Now my mind thinks wow that is alot of time-I could get alot done. I could get a small job. I could do my school at the same time as him. I could continue in substitue teaching and see him.
I could star back to scrapbooking or something.
So many say that it harms them and it is neglecting my child and that he is not old enough.
Others tell me that it will do good.
Last thing I can tell you-the school district of Hico is amazing. The kids are clean and for the most part from what I have experienced are well behaved. The teachers are passionate and are always looking for ways to reach and inspire and motivate their students. They love it when parents are involved in the child's learning.
I for one maybe too involved but I would rather be safe than sorry. I am always asking questions and making sure that we dont miss something.

I JUST NEED SOME HELP HERE. PEOPLE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?

HOLLAR LATER AMBER

3 comments:

The Jones' said...

We let Ty start school last year when he was 4. He LOVED it! I really struggled with send or not send, but I'm glad I let him go now. It really helped him with his speech and social skills. I say since it's only 4 hours a day, let him go! You can always pull him out if you decide it's not working this year, and send him back next year!

The Jones' said...

Oh! One word of warning... Ty did pick up some bad habits by playing with other kids. We really had to monitor and teach him how to react when someone said bad words or acted inappropriately. That is the only negative we encountered with Pre-K! Hope it helps!

Mike and Cymbre said...

I attended preschool as a child and remember loving it! My mom tells me that I started reading very early and was a quick learner so maybe that's why I enjoyed preschool! I'm sure it will be hard on you to let him go but I agree that it will help him with his socialization so much! I've seen kids who did not start school until the last possible chance and I feel they did have to catch up on some skills. For what it's worth, I say let him go! ESPECIALLY if he wants to go!!