music


Wednesday, September 10, 2008

NEW LIFE WAY-WISH ME LUCK!

Ok so I have been married now for almost a full 8 years. I have been a mom for 7 of those years.

Being a mom is great and I love the job. My children are definitely one of my heroes. But as a stay at home mom, I think I am able to say that we tend to forget there is a whole big world out there waiting for mothers to conquer. It is scary after staying for 7 years to go and even try getting a job or making friends. It is a new adventure.
Another thing that we tend to do as stay at home moms is gain weight. We eat what the kids do, play watch television with them. Yea and clean up and all of that good stuff. But what happens when the husband comes home and you and him want to go eat alone. YIKES you go to the closet and it's either t-shirts with cartoon characters on them( I have a ton of Eeyore) and sweats and wind pants or Capri pants. So we try to dress like an adult and then we look in the mirror and we do not recognize ourselves. You have put on weight. You have lost touch with fashion. Well guys I am there and I have to get past this. since high school.
when I met Bryan. I was 17 years old. I was exactly 103. Ran daily, ate hardly anything(except my chocolate), diet cokes and water were all I drank. And I showered at least 3 times a day.
I am now way over that. I am now two of me. And then some! YUCK! There are several times I have tried dieting or walking and I just get tired of it or something comes up. But not this time. Join me in learning to live better for my kids and help encourage me to loose at least 2-4 pounds a week over the next 10 weeks. If at 10 weeks I have done something great then I will attempt another 10 weeks. If not then I will try something new.

Today is a new way of life. No white bread, no chocolate, no sweet tea, no ketchup, no greasy hamburgers, no pizza, no ice cream. All of it is gone.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Amy Holifield said...

I'm right there with ya, Amber. I wasn't going to restrict myself while I was still nursing, but now that I've weaned D'Laney, I'm hitting the dieting hard. I've already lost about 5 pounds in just over a week. Of course a diet is useless for me without excersise. Ya know what's helped me more than anything, though? Allowing myself to cheat. Having a hamburger every once and a while keeps you from thinking about it all the time. Good luck!

The Boyd Gang said...

I will be thinking about you. Call me if you would rather talk than eat because I am home with the kiddo's all the time. Just make it a life style not a diet and you will do great.