music


Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Flashbacks are scary-but try FLASHFORWARD

It is neat to see how fast things change. But from this side-it is scary. When you get to be past 25, things look different-or they do to me. I have loved reading all of the flashbacks you have posted.
But take a different look-what do you see in 5 minutes, 5 months, 5 years, 10 years.
I know for me if I could I would keep my children safe and in my house and in my arms for the rest of my life because the world is so harsh and cruel.
In 5 minutes I will probably decide to actually get dressed and run errands. I do not want to but I have to. In 5 months, we will begin the birthdays-Bryan is March, Shawn in April, and Kathy in June. So we will be planning parties and enjoying hopefully much warmer weather and spring will be here. In 5 years- I will hopefully be doing my counseling thing, writing several chidlren's books on dealing with several topics that children will face. Hopefully one child can read my book and know that the mistakes I made can be prevented and the key to that prevention is in her hand now she just has to use it. Kathy will be 12 years old. She will be strongwilled, independednt and think she knows it all. Shawn will be 8 years old and way psat the time of rocking and fun afternoons playing all day. He will be curious but too old to kiss me goodnight or goodbye.
Bryan and I will have been married for 13 years. WOW! That is mind-blowing.
But in 10 years-I hope to have my own crisis center for Children only. I want to have an unbelievable relationship with my children. Kathy will be 17-and I will be there the entire time holding her hand and making sure she understands that there are consequences. I will catch her if she falls but she will have to learn to pick herself up. She will be getting ready to leave me and embarq on a journey that I will not be a part of daily. She will be busy running around and stirring up trouble. Shawn-my little man-he will be 13. I will become dorky mom again, and he will discover that there are tons of princesses out there trying to steal him from me. And I will have to sit back and watch him and let his daddy take over the man teaching.
Bryan and I will have been married 18 years. Who knows what that can do to a marriage. But what I hope is that we are best friends and cannot go to bed without saying good night and a kiss. I hope we are more patient with one another, and understanding. I hope that we are more sympathetic to one another's needs. I hope we are still walking around holding hands and showing our children that marriage is great and fun and is forever. There is no out except death and not by murder either lol. I hope to show them how wonderful it is to always have your friend right there.

Go ahead try to picture it-it will scare you more and you will want to go have a flashback and press pause.

Hollar later
Amber

No comments: