music


Monday, November 24, 2008

T00 MUCH AT ONCE!

WOW- it has been a very fast paced couple of weeks.
Let me say since the last time I posted it has been busy. I went to the doctor and discovered I lost 9 more pounds. I am really feeling it and it is really getting harder to lose. But I am working and giving it my all. Gosh I have almost lost 28 pounds total in a little less than 3 months.
Next, we have almost ripped all carpet out of our home. I hate carpet. We have redone the living room, hallway, one bathroom and refloored Kathy's bedroom also. Now remember I am ADD-I never finish a project before beginning a new one. SO it's been crazy. But it is finanlly coming together.

Now these are just a few for now, and as I said the rooms are not done but coming along rather nicely I think.
Then there are the holidays, I am looking forward to some time just hanging out with my kids and breathing. But of course I will still be doing my school work-which I am just almost to the point of thinking I was nuts for doing this. But I know in the end it will be worth it-but still-I am tired.
Shawn is lovely and growing everyday. The things he says really just blow my mind. He has this new thing when he gets into a story ever like 3rd or 4th word is "Oh and". I just love it. Kathy is all drama-love listening to her talk. She sounds like she has life all figured out-oh to be 7 again. She brought home her report card on Friday-she has brought up every grade at least 5 points. I am so proud of her and how hard she is working. She is so smart, it just is a little harder for her than for others.
Today I went back into work. It was my first time in a professional setting in like 2 and half years. I felt so out of place. I substitute taught 4th graders today. WOW-I haven't been around kids like that age since we left Foster's Home. It made me realize just how much I miss my kids and wonder about them and pray that they are safe out there in that big scary world. I pray that they are using what they were taught, and that they listened to what I said and learned from my mistakes. I pray that they are making good of their mess and making it their own message.
Ok we also had the kids tumbling competition this past weekend. Momma came down and gave me the best picture and clock for our home. I love it and it looks great. The kids did fantastic this weekend.
Shawn competed for the first time and brought home two silver medals! He was so cute and little. Kathy finally landed that First Place Gold in floor. She landed her cartwheel and everything looked fantatstic. She was so ecstatic-pictures of that next time. Mom and I did some christmas shopping. I really am going very simple this year with my kids. It is not about money and presents and all that. Sure it is nice, but come on-I also found the toys that I cannot wait to give my precious nephews. Mom and I had a great visit. I wish she could have stayed longer.
It was a great weekend. Now Shawn is gone and we will see him again on Wednesday. He went with my mom to Bryan's dads. My mother bought Shawn popcorn to eat for a snack on the way home. Shawn told her "Nana-Im not suppose to eat in your truck. If my momma asks if I ate in your truck, I not gonna say a word." My mom said " I think that is a good idea."
That little stinker. He really is a good kid-just curious. He just has to know how things work.
Well other than that I had a small accident last week while working out. I was doing the laterall pull and asked a friend to add more weight to it and to hand me the bar when she was done. She agreed and when she went to remove the pin-the bar fell from the pulley and hit me on the front part of my head. It knocked me out for a minute. I had a small-slight concussion from it. I do feel better now but it was rough.
Well that is all for now, keep you posted-hollar next time and
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!
Amber


No comments: